Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the Website package?
- The famous, very versatile, Divi theme, accompanied by the Divi Builder – which will enable you to easily and confidently edit your website if you’d like.
- Free Divi theme updates for life.
- A child theme of your choice, which will determine the look, feel, and layout of your new website. View your options HERE.
- Beautiful, appropriate stock images and/or designs to bring your website to life. (Or we’ll use professional, high quality image you provide where applicable.)
- A fully responsive site – which automatically adapts its layout for ideal viewing on various devices, including tablets and mobile devices.
- Up to 4 website pages – Think along the lines of: • Home • About • Services / Products • Contact Us • (Some themes combine the above into a single, sleek, one page website).
- Professional copy editing, using the information you supply via the Business Questionnaire.
- Contact form with Captcha functionality to protect from spammers
- Links to your social media pages, if applicable
- Security plugin to protect your site from hackers
- Anti-spam plugin to protect your site from online spam
- Document showing you step-by-step how you can maintain and edit your site going forward OR the option to sign up for our site maintenance package at R75 per month.
I want a Webbie website. What do I do?
- Select a theme you like: www.webbie.co.za/theme-options
- Read and agree to our terms and conditions: www.webbie.co.za/terms-conditions
- Fill in the Business Quesionnaire: www.webbie.co.za/get-started.
- If you don’t have a hosting company and domain yet, the questionnaire will guide you through setting up your own domain with a very reputable and recommended hosting company. I could also do this on your behalf, if that is what you’d prefer.
- You’ll then be redirected to a page where you’ll submit all visual and branding material.
- Once I’ve received everything, we’ll have a check-in to ensure I can get started.
- Payment instructions will be given, and upon payment, your project will be activated.
- On Day 4 after activation, you will receive a link to your test site for feedback. You can send your feedback via email, or we’ll have a chat over Zoom or Skype.
- On Day 7 you will receive your complete site.
- Disclaimer: The only reason we might deviate from the above timeline, is if:
- I’m having trouble with your hosting company and the way they’ve set up your site. I will endeavor to sort out any issues as fast as possible, but am dependent on certain services from hosting companies.
- You cannot give me your feedback and notes within 24 hours after receiving your test site link.
Do you build custom sites according to a client brief?
No – we would not be able to stick to our core offering if we did that. We have a very clearly defined service, and process. Because of this process, we are able to deliver quality, professional websites in a relatively short amount of time, at a price that is much lower than many other comparable service providers.
- Our cost is fixed at R1 950. This includes up to 4 website pages (or a one-pager that contains all the info and design in one page), and everything that goes with it to ensure that you have a fully functional, effective and SEO-friendly website.
- E-commerce sites are available at R3 250 – please enquire if that is what you need and I will send the relevant information.
- We only build websites from pre-designed themes. You can view our current selection here: www.webbie.co.za/theme-options. We add new design options on a regular basis. Didn’t find one that works for you? Let us know!
- The theme you choose will be customised to fully reflect your unique brand and service offering, with your branding, colours, images, suitable icons, and professionally written content.
Is the amount once off or is there a monthly hosting fee?
Tell me more about the Money Back Guarantee...
I’m confused about some of the terminology – please explain.
Think of the internet as a country with vacant pieces of land for sale. If you want a website of your own, you need to purchase a piece of land to build the website on. First you decide on your address, or what we call your ‘domain name’ – e.g. www.whateveryouchoose.com. That’s the piece of land you’ll buy.
Once you’ve bought the piece of land (your domain), you’ll need to get some storage space on that piece of land to house the site we are going to build – that’s what we call your hosting package. The bigger the website is going to be, the bigger your house or storage facility (your hosting package or storage space) will need to be.
You can not sign up for a free or super cheap hosting package, and expect to be able to build a decent sized website on it, without running out of space. Remember that the hosting package you select will include space for your emails. So if you are someone who works with a lot of emails that need to be kept in the storage space you’ve signed up for, your space is going to run out pretty fast.
Step 1: Get a domain name (your website address) – go HERE.
Step 2: Buy a storage facility (hosting package) that matches the size of the website you want to build. (If you’re not sure, you can start small, and upgrade to a bigger option later) – go HERE.
I recommend the LITE hosting package for a start.
What platform do you use to build websites on?
I specialise in personalising pre-designed themes and using them to create websites built on WordPress. You’ll be able to easily and confidently make changes to your own site, or have the option of signing up for my site maintenance package at R75 per month.
What if I want to make changes to my site?
Once your website launches, I will supply you with a very easy-to-follow document that will enable you to confidently make minor changes to your website.
Alternatively, you could choose to sign up for my site maintenance package for R75 per month, which will include minor changes and monthly updates.
More complex changes or additional pages not included in your initial package will be quoted for per project.
What about theme, plugin, and WordPress updates?
I will set automatic updates wherever I can. However, in some cases this is not an option, and monthly checks and updates will go a long way in keeping your site secure and safe from potential hackers.
The manual I will provide you with will enable you to very easily do these updates yourself.
Alternatively, you could sign up for my site maintenance package, where I will do monthly updates and security checks on your behalf.
I don't have a domain (www.yourwebsite.com) yet. Any advice?
Yes! I’ve worked with so many hosting companies and internet service providers over the years, and the best service, packages, and prices (by FAR) has been Imaginet. Their customer service has been unparalelled, their control panel is efficient, and the packages they offer make sense (in terms of what a decent sized website would need to function properly).
If you need to still get a domain name, go HERE to find one that is available.
If you want to transfer your domain and hosting package to them and away from your current host, send them a message HERE.
If you want to check out their hosting packages and prices, go HERE. I recommend their LITE package, but you could try starting with their MICRO package if you like (it is sufficient for some), and upgrade if necessary.
Please note: I know some other service providers offer smaller, cheaper starter packages. The problem is that usually the ‘space’ you buy for those small amounts is too small for the size of even a simple website, never mind your emails. The idea is obviously to get you hooked and then force you to upgrade to a bigger package with them once you (very quickly) use up the space you initially signed up for.
PS, no, I don’t get any sort of commission for recommending Imaginet’s services. I am just a fan of how they do things, and how much easier they make my and my clients’ lives.
What if I want to expand my site at a later stage?
The WordPress CMS makes it SO EASY to expand your site whenever you are ready! When you reach that point, simply get in touch to communicate what you need, and we will provide you with a relevant quote.
Can Webbie do E-commerce sites?
Yes Webbie can.
E-commerce sites tend to need more plugin configurations and payment gate integrations, and as such take a bit longer.
That does affect the price, and that is why the signature Webbie deal of R1950 does not apply to E-commerce sites. Please get in touch so we can send you a quote in line with what your needs are.
Any other questions?
now is your chance to ask!
Don’t be shy – I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.